The Expert View
WAFLA Members -
$75 ENTIRE SERIES!
Recordings & handouts will be emailed to you regardless of live participation as well as missed presentations due to late registration to view at your leisure!
* TUESDAYS, APR 22 - MAY 15
11A - Noon
FIVE Webinars ONLY $75!
The U.S. Department of Labor - Wage and Hour Division lists agriculture as a target industry, and the agency has a goal that 80 percent of its targeted inspections will result in some kind of fine. See courses below!
Get Educated – Don’t Get Fined!
Five top attorneys from the Northwest and beyond examine the various components of the U.S. DOL - WHD inspections in five convenient one hour web based courses.
- Learn about your obligation to pay piece rate workers an hourly wage when the workers are not working.
- Understand Hot Goods and how to protect yourself if you use crew share pay arrangements.
- Receive over a dozen helpful forms and handouts that you can customize for your operation.
- Ask questions – and receive answers - about exemptions for family farms and any other questions you may have about DOL inspections or the Agricultural Worker Protection Act.
The 11A - Noon webinar courses take place on Tuesdays, EXCEPT for the last presentation which takes place on a Thursday.
- TUES - APRIL 22
The Agricultural Worker Protection Act: What it is, and what your obligations are.
- TUES - APRIL 29
Wage and Hour Law for Ag Employers
- TUES - MAY 6
Hot Goods and Crew Share: How to protect yourself.
- TUES - MAY 13
DOL Investigation for H-2A Employers.
- THURS - MAY 15
Special Topics: Claiming the Family Farm Exemption, the Minimum Wage Exemption, and restrictions on youth employment.
* There are two presentations the week of 5/12 (Tuesday 5/13 and Thursday 5/15).